Los Alamos Visiting Nurse Service, Inc. is a not-for-profit Home Health and Hospice Agency
providing "intermittent" Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Medical Social Services and Home Health Aides.
Currently, we serve patients in Los Alamos County, northern Santa Fe County, and parts of Rio Arriba County.
Services are provided under written physician orders in your home, under a plan of care developed to meet your individual needs. Visits are routinely scheduled Monday through Friday between 8 and 5 and on weekends as medically necessary. An RN is available on call after regular office hours.
- Most Home Health Care is covered by private insurance, employers insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
- The agency is federally certified, State licensed and approved by most private insurance companies.
- We are members of the New Mexico Association of Home Health Agencies, The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, and are members of the United Way of Northern New Mexico serving Los Alamos and Rio Arriba Counties.
- We provide many community services including blood pressure clinics, participation in health fairs, volunteer education programs through local churches, volunteer training and support groups.
- We are proud of our response to the communities we serve and our ability to maintain high standards of quality care which has become our trademark.
The Los Alamos Visiting Nurse Service is dedicated to maintaining delivery of the highest quality home care and hospice services to the residents of Los Alamos County and the Northern New Mexico service area in Rio Arriba and Northern Santa Fe County. We will be responsive to our patients, our referring physicians and to our staff who expect a continued tradition of integrity, cost efficiency, and the very best health care services.